Are you looking for a credit card that can get you the most free travel? Then take a look at the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. Currently they are offering up 55,000 bonus points if you can meet a couple requirements after you open your account. First, you need to spend $4,000 in the first 3 months after your account becomes active. Then you can earn an additional 5,000 bonus points after you add an authorized user to your account and they make a purchase within the first 3 months.
The $4,000 in the first 3 months can be a lot, but if you charge a lot to your current credit card then the bonus is well worth it. 50,000 bonus points is worth up to $625 in free travel when you book through the Chase Ultimate Rewards site. If you can add an authorized user then you are looking at even more in free travel.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Points
To take your points earning power even further you can earn 2 points for all travel and restaurant dining purchases. You will earn one point for every dollar spent on everything else. The one thing this card is lacking is a 5x point category on purchases(although this is possible if you already have the Chase Freedom Card, explanation below), but with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offering a 50,000 point sign up bonus its hard not to make the Chase Sapphire card one of the top options for the frequent traveler.
Note: If you already have the Chase Freedom Card, which has a 5% cash back category, you can transfer your Chase Freedom points to your Chase Sapphire Card account. This way you can get the most out of the money your are spending with both cards.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Rewards
If you decide to go with the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card then you will wonder what you can do with all of the points in your account. The rewards system, referred to as Chase Ultimate Rewards, is up there with some of the best. We’ll start at the bottom and then get to the best redemption options.
– If you want cash back or gift cards then your points are worth 1 cent each, leaving much better options for credit cards if this is what you are looking for in rewards.
– If you choose to book your travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards site, your points will be worth 1.25 cents each. This is because you will receive a 20% discount if you choose to pay with your points. Therefore $100 in travel purchases will only cost you 8,000 points.
– Lastly you can transfer your points at a 1:1 ratio to your airline or hotel loyalty program, with no black out dates or restrictions. Depending on how each partner values their points will determine how much each point is worth. Which in some cases can be a great option.
Here are the partnered programs that you can transfer you points to.
– British Airways Executive Club
– Korean Air SKYPASS
– Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
– Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
– United MileagePlus
– Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
– Hyatt Gold Passport
– Internation Hotels Group Rewards Club
– Marriott Rewards
-The Ritz-Carlton Rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits
The Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card comes with an annual fee of $95, which is waived for the first year. Included with all this are some great benefits that you would expect with a card at this level.
– No foreign transaction fees when traveling abroad
– Travel and Purchase Protection
– Human based customer service agents
– Car rental insurance waiver option
– and more
With all of the travel options that the Chase Sapphire Card offers it is a great option to consider when looking for a travel rewards credit card.
The best way to get this offer is to utilize our partnered CardMatch Tool below. The CardMatch Program matches you with targeted credit offers based on some simple information that you enter. If you see the Chase Sapphire Preferred 50,000 point signup bonus, or any other offer worth getting, all you need to do is apply and, if you are approved, you will be qualified for the offered sign up bonuses that comes with them.
This offer was viewed as available as of 10/1/2016.